We (useKit AG) value the privacy of those who use our web site, services and products and work hard to protect it and secure your data.
In order to profit from useKit you need to register with your Email address and your own password and we request you to choose a secure password. We are not responsible for security leaks resulting from weak passwords.
In addition this will also protect your account from unauthorized access.
When you register we will send you a welcome Email.
We may send you important service announcements on rare occasions. You can unsubscribe from these announcements at any time by changing your settings.
We will never sell or rent your Email address.
2. Personal Data
useKit AG is located in Switzerland and Swiss Data Protection Law ( http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/235_1/index.html) is applicable to all personal data made available to the Service. The User agrees that user data is recorded and processed on visiting the Platform. The User agrees that this data may be processed in conjunction with third parties for the purpose of optimizing the Platform and/or for market research or any other purposes useKit deems necessary.
useKit is entitled to transfer personal data of the User to other companies in the Context of restructuring or mergers if the other companies undertake to abide by Swiss Data Protection Law.
3. Data Protection
useKit abides by the Swiss Data Protection Law regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information.
4. Tracking and Cookies
We will never read out Cookies of other sites.
We do not and do not intend to track your web behavior in other sites.
5. Your Settings
You may choose to submit additional information in order to better personalize your subscribed Tools.
6. Credentials for third party services
If ever possible, integration of third party services will be based on OAuth identification, making it unnecessary to store the Users credentials within the useKit platform. Services based on OAuth will redirect you to the service providers page for login and a token will grant future access from your useKit Account.
Unfortunately not every external service is supporting OAuth identification, if you would like to profit from such services, it will be necessary to place your credentials in your useKit profile. We are taking all reasonable efforts to protect your credentials, such as encryption and storage in different layers of the Platform. Upon removal your account information are permanently deleted from our Servers.
7. Public Information
Certain portions of the useKit web sites and services are open to any online viewer, such as user Contexts designated as "public". Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone, and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. useKit enables you to determine whether or not to post information to publically accessible areas of our site, and so you should carefully consider how you use the services. useKit is not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations.
8. Information disclosure to third parties
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request.
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations.
- You have explicitly requested information from useKit business partners, in which case it will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential violations of our Terms and Conditions, or to enforce those Terms and Conditions.
9. Other data
Cookies: Cookies are small files that allow web servers to recognize the computer used to access a site. Cookies are required for useKit.
IP address: We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information.
Aggregated information: We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our partners and advertisers. This information does not identify individual users.
11. Data security
useKit is commited to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precaution to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your useKit password is protected by encryption that can not be decrypted;
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronics and procedural safeguards. As a rule, useKit employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the useKit service, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms and Conditions may have been violated and confirmation is required, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it;
- Certain useKit services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If useKit learns of a security system breach we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the e-mail address that you supplied during registration or posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to privacy(AT)useKit.com.
12. Contextual Advertising
We may use software that processes the content of your lists to deliver relevant advertisements to you. This will be done using a completely automated process, no human will read the content of your lists.
If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend for useKit, we will ask you for your friend's name and Email address. Our system will automatically send your friend a one-time Email inviting him or her to visit useKit.com. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time Email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at privacy(AT)useKit.com to request that we remove this information.
14. Legal Disclaimer
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law or court order.
15. Changes in this Privacy Statement
16. Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Manager